Monday, August 21, 2006

'Ode to Summer' - Koi Animation

This is another one to file under random, quirky koi stuff but thanks to Taro from 3Yen for sending me this link to a beautiful Chinese film. I love animation and this short clip from the film perfectly captures a group of koi playfully swimming around. The film looks to be made by traditional pen and ink but is in fact entirely created with computer graphics.

Also of interest on the same site is a video of goldfish apparently synchronized swimming, maybe hand feeding our koi isn't the only trick we can teach them:)

3Yen -'Ode to Summer'

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This animation is so "NATSUKASHII" as we say in rather untranslatable Japanese meaning to 'wax nostalgic'. I used to have carp ponds in the US but now I live the Land-of-Concrete, Japan. I suppose looking at the koi in my park is as close as I will ever owning some again.... 'Saaaa, natsukashii.'

L8r...
Taro in Tokyo at http://news.3yen.com

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Alex-san said...

"Natsukashii" I like it. I've learnt something new.
Koi are nice as pets but you can appreciate them like great works of art without ever owning them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bloggeries Blog Directory Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory